Thursday, October 13, 2011

the world pauses..to moan for its losses...!

When i read history as a kid, and read about various legends like Tagore, Shakespeare, Einstein, Sir Issac Newton, Madame Curie and many more respect worthy Heroes, who changed the way world worked, who brought in a revolution, I merely read their names. Not taking any respect or credit they truly deserve from them but having not witnessed the revolution myself and having to come into a world made comfortable because of heir innovations and contributions and to merely have read and to respect them are one thing...

but as a growing teenager, as i heard my dad playing Ghazals on the cassette player, on the car radio, and when as a college student, as i bought my first cassette of Jagjit Singh album of Ghazals, i truly went into a deeper more meaningful world..my most favorite of his compositions was 'ye nayan darre darre, ye jaam bharre bharre' i have been singing it in times alone and with friends and every time i sing it, Jagjitji's voice echoes in my head and mesmerizes me..! As a working professional, when there was no time for friends and smaller luxuries like time..his composition,'ye kagaz ki kashti' felt comprehensive.. and it took me to my childhood.... if something is so powerful to bring tears to your eyes, so mesmerising to pause the rest of the world, so indulgent that u loose yourself in the moment, then it surely deserves an ovation, a standing one at that.

as i see my 3 year old playing with my iPhone, i see how conveniently he browses through it and finds his desirable games..without an effort , he unlocks and locks and controls volume.. that is when i truly appreciate Sir Steve Jobs. Innovation was never defined better. To be creatively innovative is to be able to make something extraordinary and to keep it significantly simple.

two men, who made history, the men of our times, the men who changed the way world works, who contributed in making it a better place. iSalute and sing along your glory! there's a hole in the world suddenly with this loss...! and we learnt what it takes to create history! 

No comments:

Post a Comment