Monday, July 11, 2011

My first love, my first companion, the partner in crime, my love at first sight!!




He took me for walks, he took me for rides, saved chocolates for me and made up stories to make sure I smile... We would sit hours through the night talking about the whole world, we pushed and scratched and almost killed each other and later laughed... he counted the number of scratches i made with my nails and i counted the swollen marks...we screamed, shouted and blamed each other most of the time, we shared, we nurtured, we laughed and were there for each other all the time..



i was one and he 4, when Mom says he refused to accept chocolates if the person giving it didn't have two(one for him and one for me).

i was 2 and he was 5, when he proudly shared his toys.

i was 3 and him 6 when i started imitating him

i was 4 and him 7, when we sneaked around the house to search for the biscuits and chocolates mom hid.

i was 5 and him 8 when we played ludo and snakes and ladder and blamed each other of cheating.

i was 6 and him 9, having come back from a school camp, he would make up stories to give me goose bumps.

i was 7 and he 10, when he had threatened to beat the shit out of a boy who tried to hurt me by saying annoying things on our way back from school.

i was 8 and him 11, when he woke me up in the middle of the night to accompany him to the kitchen for a glass of water, lest ghosts and lizards attack(lol).

i was 9 and him 12, when i looked up to him as he won prizes for singing, debates, extempore, and sports. he was my inspiration and i died imitating.

i was 10 and him 13, when i hurt myself while playing on the school playground and my nose was bleeding, he carried me and ran to the first aid room as if i did die if he didn't rescue me.

i was 11 and him 14, when he made up stories to keep me reassured and locked both of us in the bedroom as our parents ever had an argument.

i was 12 and him 15 when he almost got rusticated from school for beating up the Principal's son for teasing me for some bullshit.

i was 13 and him 16 when our teacher had been unfair to me and had acted partial and he risked his practical examination score to only protect me.


as we grew, we became the best of friends, we went for bike rides which eventually turned to car drives, we shared our darkest of secrets and searched for answers to world's silliest and deepest questions in each other. We talked for hours, gave lost out suggestions to each other.
If troubles rained, He has always been my umbrella...

we grew up to go to other people. moved on to make our own lives...

But they say, brothers and sisters are friends God gave us. and i believe them, and how!

i came to this world to wonderful parents who gave me the gift of a life long friend, a life long shield, a life long throw pillow, a life long of love.

My brother was the first boy i opened my eyes to, my first glimpse of companionship...my love at first sight!

8 comments:

  1. im so overwhelmed after reading this post.. i dunno wat to say... yes one of those few moments .. i dunno wat to say! ur a bloody good writer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really well written lady .. lucky bro u have there..

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Jee, thanks Himanshu..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The words that enlighten the soul are more precious than jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. u r lucky to have bro like him and he is even luckier to have a sis who appreciates it! And u r indeed an amazing writer. It is difficult to put emotions into words and u r doing it very well. All the best dear :)

    ReplyDelete