Wednesday, April 21, 2010

DISCLAIMER: I LOVE YOU



When you took me to the roof top restaurant 6 years back
It was my birthday, the food was perfect, the background had playing our favorite track
I talked endlessly about how i had been and what i was doing
All this while without a word, with magic in your eyes, you went on staring.......!

Standing in your balcony, sipping old monk, we looked at the road below..
We talked about life and held each other, lost in the hour, 2 packs in a row......
i wanted you to say it, but you didn't utter a word...
i knew a better time would come for this to be heard..!

In broad daylight, we danced in the rain,
Splashing water on each other, we gave a damn of being sane..
Wrapped in towels , as we sipped tea, sitting by the bed
You told i looked beautiful with a towel wrapped over my head!!

We came back from the disco, and shared a glass of whiskey
You kept telling me i was high, when i wasn't even tipsy..
The radio played Bryan adams and you just took my hand..
Blew me out of my senses as you made me dance...!

The day I made you watch Titanic the very 5th time..
You kissed me on my forehead and begged this to be the last time..
I told you i wanted to share a story
and we went to the balcony

And as I spoke i knew the moment had come for you to know
My mind was relaxed and my heart was pumping and there was excitement in my toes
I said it softly first and ended up screaming till i had a sore throat
"I LOVE YOU" sounds simple, how come had the power to make my heart float?

You pulled me in your arms and you softly put your lips on mine
But more than the moment, the heart was swelled to an unbelievable size...!
With tears in your eyes, you laughed and laughed
As you bow your head, i knew how wonderful it is to be in LOVE...........!


DEDICATED TO FRANCIS D'CUNHA, THE BESTEST HUSBAND IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!
MMMMMWAH MY BABY.. I LOVE YOU






4 comments:

  1. Surreal (m sure it's true for u yet surreal in its own way) and all I can say is He's lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Read your blog while surfing the net to spend some free time. Must say, I was reminded of my courtship days with my now husband. I had a sense of Deja vu. May you and your husband have a great life together..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea... memories of courtship days are the days that keep marriage alive... really they make me so happy... truely, honestly the best days of my life...:D

    ReplyDelete